Friday 26 September 2014

Great service from Affinity health

Affinity Health is the worst Medical cover and a Rip Off. I wudnt advise anyone to take it. We have been payn from 2013. Said it covers all bloods, xrays n any hospitals. My blood tests n xrays from Jan has not been paid. I was in hosp for kidney stones in Feb n they refused to pay. I was in so much of pain with stones. And was pregnant too. Hospitals said they not affiliated with affinity and was refused authorisation. I had to borrow money the same day to be admitted and borrow more money to go to theatre. My claims for bloods n xrays n docs was not settled. After numerous calls, emails n faxes n claims to them they still haven't paid as they promised it wud be paid. Every consultant we spoke to said they will get back to us but never did. They also said claims will be settled in 3 days but they never did. I finally cancelled and am now settling my bills cash which is about R36000. Affinity Health is a Rip Off. We lost a lot of money with them.

Up to now I have had great service from Affinity health. I have been trying to get pre-authorisation for a septumplasty procedure. I have followed all the rules and guidelines. Today I call back after I have received the motivational letter from the ENT. I answered all the questions. Portia then asked me when was I diagnosed, I answered the 11th of June to which she responded how is that possible? Implying that I am not telling the truth. Am I and the ENT then uneducated or stupid? I have never been spoken to like that. Disgustingly rude. Needless to say I still do not have my pre-approval for the procedure I need to undergo.

When I fell pregnant, I started looking for affordable medical aid. I had to fight with Affinity to process my application so I will be a member from 1 March 2014. After many phone calls from ME, the inception date was settled as 1 March. It's now 3+ months later, and my membership card and documentation was still not delivered to me.
None of my claims are being processed, it's a schlep to get medication that is covered, and overall I feel this has been only a waste of time and money - which I could have applied much better in paying for pregnancy consultations.
My GP, who is an out-of-network dr, now needs to get a list of meds that are covered before he can prescribe anything.
After 3 months, I am so fed up of not seeing anything positive for joining this scheme. What a waste of money and time!!!

DOGTER IS VANAF JANUARIE 2014 BY AFFINITY HEALTY. AFFINITY HEALTY HET NIE DIE EERSTE PAAIEMENT EINDE JANUARIE VERHAAL SOOS GEREEL NIE. ONS HET AFFINITY GEKONTAK EN DAAR IS AAN ONS GESE DAT DIT HULLE FOUT EN NALAATIGHEID IS, EN DAT DAAR GEEN PENALISASIE SAL WEES INDIEN IETS SOU GEBEUR.

SY MOET EGTER VANDAG 24 MEI OPGENEEM WORD VIR 'n NOOD BLINDEDERM OPERASIE EN NOU WEIER AFFINITY HEALTY OM MAGTIGING TE GEE.

DIT IS REGTIG BITTER BITTER SWAK VAN AFFINITY HEALTY.

 I've enrolled with AH on 01.10.2013. I've been paying my monthly payment via stop order or direct debit every month since October until 05.05.2014. their statement does reflect ALL payments made up to 05.04.2014 but they still insist that i am 2 installments due. there is an error on they're side. Chantell Bester and Wonga and Idah from debit order department was assisting me on this matter. but they just look at what the statement says without taking the time to understand that the statement is incorrect. it shows ALL payments. so why does the outstanding amount still show two payments due? can someone from AH please take the time to go through the statement with me and sort out this query? since enrolling with AF, they only paid for one doctor's visit in November. my medicine i had to pay cash. i've been struggling to get this sorted out since November last year. none of them an even tell me what months are so called outstanding. they just insist on the amount they say is outstanding. no one is making a real effor to assist me. i have all my proof of payments. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE WITH A REAL INTENTION OF ASSISTING ME, PLEASE ASSIST ME! i am paying for a service i can't use.

No comments:

Post a Comment