Friday 26 September 2014

I was looking for medical cover

Affinity health contacted me regarding a policy health insurance. The guy told me that I can have health insurance and medical aid and that they pay out for the hospital part of the policy R6500 for the first day R4500 for day 2-3 and R3000 for day 4-5 and after that R1500 up to 21 days. My child was in hospital at the beginning of July 2014 with Bronco phneumonia. Now they say no my medical aid paid the hospital bill so they are not going to pay anything. In there FAQ they say that the benefits would be paid into my account and that I would be responsible for settling the hospital. Chantelle told me that there would be no pay out to me because Discovery paid. No where in the documents that I received is stated that they would pay the balance of what Discovery did not pay for my hospital benefit. " The affinity health hospital plan is not a medical aid scheme, but an insured stated benefit hospital plan, in that the daily cash benefists are payable to the member and not the medical service provider.

I was looking for medical cover and came across Affinity Health (Health Insurance), I was attracted by their highly affordable medical cover in regards to day-to-day benefits, and if that was not enough, I was totally blown away by their competent and friendly personnel. WHAT A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!! I had to shift my debit order deduction to a later stage for a different date a month later, no problems, it was smooth sailing all the way. It was done, no questions asked.

I would like to thank everyone involved who made this possible, a special thank you to Helena Williams who assisted me by explaining to me how the policy works as well as explaining me the benefits.

I would really urge everyone with a need for affordable medical cover to have a look at Affinity Health Insurance as an highly affordable alternative to medical cover, please visit them at [URL Removed]

Their products and services is an absolute winner, these people treat you like royalty.

I landed up in the Emergency unit on the 2 August with severe abdominal pain. Drs suspect I have gall stones but can not do any form of investigation because Affinity Health say I am not covered for this. I took out this policy so that I had hospital cover only to be told I had to go to a state institution to get any type of service. Why have I WASTED all this money for if I STILL have to go to a state facility? Sick of being ripped off, these people are taking our money and giving us NOTHING in return. I now have to pay a bill at St Dominics, had to pay for my medication and am STILL in pain. 


Thank you for taking the time in reporting your experience on Hello Peter.

At date and time of your hospital visit, we requested for a doctors report to access what the condition is you were going to be treated for? According to our records and conversation with the hospital, it was noted that the hospital were not very co-operative.

After further investigation, we also note that your policy was not paid for the month of August?

We have since contacted you to attempt to resolve this matter.


We do strive to make the customer experience special and we thank you for making special mention of Carine who will appreciate the compliment.

I took Affinity Health- it was explained to me that all pathology test are cover aswell as all radiologist accounts we must just know it is only black and white xtrays. I had pain in my leg so i went to the doctor.The Dr did X-Rays at Tshepo Themba Clinix hospital. I then recieved two statements from the Pathology Dr and the Radiology saying tht i have to pay their monies as Affinity refused to pay and they said Affility said they dont cover such test(blood test and X-Rays). So please tell me what is an X-Ray is it not radiologist? What is a bloodtest - is it not pathology? I am no doctor but seriously.
Kindly assist with this matter.

 This R299 product offered by Affinity Health is a terrible product. I took out this additional medical aid service in May and waited through June and eventually when I used this service last week and Wednesday I got a huge shock. I was told by the call centre agent that is fed with false information to sell this terrible product that all medication prescribed by a doctor is free of charge. All my sinus medication including pain tablets was declined this useless company does not pay for that medication so I needed to pay in cash for my medication. I would like to cancel this terrible service and get my 2n premiums reversed as this product gives its customers false information and does not give them peace of mind. I called the call centre number that they gave me on Thursday last week and to date nobody has called me back. Another company answers the line and says that they will inform Affinity health to call me. Still hear nothing from these people. PLEASE CANCEL MY POLICY AND REVERSE MY PREMIUMS PAID TO DATE!!!


 I would like to take this opportunity to complain about a product that I personally think where created to pray on people.
My daughter have been a member since May of 2013.
On 14 July 2014 at 16H00 we had to rush my daughter to Casualties at Union Hospital in Alberton with a possible Appendicitis. SHE WAS IN SEVERE PAIN.
The staff at Union was send from heaven and L*** was made to feel comfortable in no time.
Then the bad news. Affinity was phoned for authorisation for test and admitting her. Well well after more than a year of faithful payments we were told that blood test, sonars and x-rays are for our own account. We had to pay the Hospital and doctor first before the doctor could assist. R2080.
Affinity Heath will admit her but only R11 000 for two days. Yet her membership document states that L**** qualifies for R30 000 for Appendicitis. After lots of stress and worries L*** was transferred to Natalspruit Hospital for the emergency operation. This was 03H00 in the morning. This means L*** was in pain for 11 hours just because Affinity did not want to assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment